Saturday, June 30, 2012

Jam Packed Fun

This afternoon began with a drive through a tunnel in East Ridge, TN. After leaving the tunnel, Kathryn and I headed to downtown Chattanooga. Where I surprised her with
Coolidge Park Carousel. 

Where Kathryn rode a 
 

It brought back such grand memories of being in Chattanooga with Josh as a youngster. After our trips around and around on the carousel, we walked over to a Soda Shop. Josh and I were friends with this girl named Tiffany.



Her shop River Street Makery  creates all kinds of organic, natural things including soda. Kathryn tried the root beer, and I had the lemon creme. Both all natural and handmade. Then we switched. Both were delicious. Unfortunately, Tiffany was away at a song writing contest with her band, The Cumberland Band. 


 Kat and I wondered around River Street and saw lots of fun crafts and fun signs. Including this one: "Bacon makes everything better."


Too hot to keep wandering around the streets, so we head over Suck Creek Mountain and ended up at Foster Falls: hiking, swimming, and catching tadpoles. 








3 comments:

  1. It doesn't have to be complicated, does it? I'm glad you had a great afternoon despite the heat, although I found your description of yourself and Josh as "youngsters" made me feel more like an "oldster" than usual. Ouch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bacon does make everything better! Looks like a great afternoon. Not sure about KB and the face when the carousel went higer.

      I agree with Emily about the "youngsters"

      Delete
  2. K.B.,
    Thanks for making Nana Camp 2012 fun! I know you enjoyed mama's treat.
    Remember, my love will always find you.
    Gramps

    ReplyDelete